Sunday, September 16, 2001
- Dep. Asst. Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) Rear Adm. Craig Quigley interview
on NBC Today.
- Vice President Dick Cheney's interview
on NBC's Meet the Press.
- Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld interview
on Fox News Sunday.
by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld;
- Osama bin Laden again issues a statement denying responsibility for the attacks through the Al-Jazeera television network.
- Fire Department of New York holds a ceremony to promote 168 people following the attacks.
by Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta.
- President George W. Bush's remarks
from the White House South Lawn.
- The FAA has begun allowing mail, cargo and parcels on commercial flights, although some airports and airlines continue the ban.
- Billionaire Warren Buffett, one of the five richest men in the United States announces that he will not sell stocks when the market reopens on Monday, and may even buy stocks.
- It is announced that members of the Fire Department of New York and the New York Police Department will ring the opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange on Monday morning.