Links/Resources
Site Map
Site News
Site Search

Message Forum Archives

A few truths for Billy boy!

Posted by King George III on August 21, 2001 at 04:47:40:
In Reply to: Re: Mel scores... posted by Bill on August 17, 2001 at 08:21:18:

As for Billy boy's comments about Australian's 'suffering' under the 'tyrannical' English, I think he's gone into Gibson beef cake overload in watching 'Braveheart' and 'The Patriot' too many times! By the way, Australia was first settled after the Act of Union of 1707, so the nationality of the settlers wasn't Scottish, Welsh or English, but British.

Australia has always been on good terms with the U.K., later becoming a member of the British Commonwealth and participating in both world wars on the U.K.'s side willingly. Unfortunately, a weak education leads some people to think that Australia was some sort of poor, oppressed nation struggling for its freedom from the evil British. Well, we all believe what we want to, eh!

And while we're on the subject, Bill, what about the Native Americans that had to suffer hundreds of years of American imperialism? You steal all their land and crush them underfoot, then try to lecture the U.K.! Got any comments about that before you try to take the moral high ground again?

Webmaster, I do not wish to offend any other members of you excellent webpage. I'm sorry, but I do feel that my original comments were justified about the over the top bias in Mel Gibson's 'The Patriot'. But then again, fictional church burning atrocities and a snarling Jason Isaac on horseback make for better entertainment than dry reality. Ho hum...

Follow Ups:

PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999- Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement