Patriot Milita General Andrew Pickens
||Born: September 19, 1739; Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Died: August 11, 1817;
September 19 - Andrew Pickens is born in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- Andrew Pickens serves in Grant's Expedition against the Cherokee Indians.
- Andrew Pickens and his brother sell their farm in the Waxhaws and move to the South Carolina Long Cane Creek settlements.
- Andrew Pickens marries Rebecca Calhoun.
- Andrew Pickens builds a blockhouse at the future location of Abbeville, South Carolina.
- Andrew Pickens serves as a Patriot militia captain at Ninety-Six, South Carolina.
November 21 - Andrew Pickens helps negotiate a truce with Tories at Ninety-Six, South Carolina
- Andrew Pickens serves in Snow's Campaign.
- Andrew Pickens joins Williamson's Campaign against Cherokee.
- Andrew Pickens joins Williamson's failed attempt to capture Augusta, Georgia.
February 10 - Andrew Pickens besieges Fort Carr.
February 14 - Andrew Pickens and Elijah Clarke defeat Tories at Kettle Creek, Georgia.
- Andrew Pickens surrenders and goes home on parole.
- Andrew Pickens reenters the war after Tories raid his home.
Related Items Available at eBay - Scroll for additional items
PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999-2018; Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement