British General John Burgoyne
||Born: February 24, 1722; Bedfordshire, England
Died: June 4, 1792; London, England
February 24 - John Burgoyne is born in Bedfordshire, England.
- John Burgoyne begins his education at the Westminster School.
- John Burgoyne becomes a sub-brigadier in the 3rd Troop of Horse Guards.
- John Burgoyne is commissioned a cornet in the 13th Light Dragoons.
- John Burgoyne marries Lady Charlotte Stanley.
- John Burgoyne purchases a Captaincy in the 13th Light Dragoons.
- John Burgoyne sells his commission and move to France.
June 14 - John Burgoyne purchases a Captaincy in the 11th Dragoons.
May 10 - John Burgoyne is appointed Captain and Lt. Colonel of the Coldstream Guards.
- John Burgoyne sees action at Cherbourg and St. Malo.
August - John Burgoyne becomes commander of the new 16th Dragoons.
- John Burgoyne is elected to Parliament.
May 6 - John Burgoyne arrives in Portugal with his regiment.
- John Burgoyne captures Valencia d'Alcantara.
- John Burgoyne is given a field commission of Brigadier General.
- John Burgoyne is promoted to Colonel of the 16th Dragoons..
- John Burgoyne returns to Parliament.
- John Burgoyne is made Governor of Fort William in Scotland.
Related Items Available at eBay - Scroll for additional items
PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999-2014; Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement