Contact Info
Links/Resources
Site Map
Site News
Site Search

Message Forum Archives

An apology

Posted by King George III on August 24, 2001 at 04:16:56:

Scott, I'd just like to apologize for my outbursts on you forum. I have no wish to be on bad terms with you, as you're obviously a reasonable, learned person regarding the American Revolution. It's also obvious that Hollywood's cavalier treatment of this fascinating struggle annoys you as much as me.

It's just that it does become a little bit annoying when you see giant, multi-million dollar films that are sold around being touted as 'accurate' and 'realistic', yet are obviously not so. Even more annoying when your own nation is either over demonized to a silly degree (The Patriot) or completely removed as though they never existed (Saving Private Ryan, U-571), solely to appease the audience.

Anyway, on a separate note, have you ever seen a 1994 film called 'The Madness of King George'? It's a witty film about one of George III's bouts of madness in the late eighteenth century when he was King. It's quite a funny film, I suggest that you see it if you haven't yet...

Posted by Scott on August 25, 2001 at 16:30:41:
In Reply to: An apology posted by King George III on Aug. 24, 2001 at 14:11:56:

As I said before, I've let the outbursts stand, because they are somewhat valid. Unlike others who came along, you were willing to slow down and get into a discussion, rather than rant and run like a couple of others.

I've had limited, but productive discussions with Nick Gill, webmaster of MelGibson-Sucks.com. I don't completely agree with him, but we have some common ground and he was helpful with the articles that I cited from the British press in my article.No apology is necessary, except to the Australians, which you already addressed in a previous post.

As far as the movie, I am familiar with the movie. I have not seen it, though I heard that it was a witty movie, as you said. I actually don't watch many movies because of the expense and the mediocrity of the majority of what is produced nowadays.

PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999- Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement