British General William Howe
August 10 - William Howe is born in England.
September 18 - William Howe becomes a Cornet in Cumberland's Light Dragoons.
January 2 - William Howe joins the 20th Foot.
June 1 - William Howe is promoted to Captain of the 20th Foot.
January 4 - William Howe becomes a Major in the 60th Regiment.
- William Howe begins serving in Parliament.
July - William Howe serves under Maj. General Jeffery Amherst in operations against Louisburg.
September 13 - William Howe serves under Maj. General James Wolfe on the Plains of Abraham.
December 17 - William Howe is promoted to Lieutenant Colonel.
- William Howe winters in Quebec in defense of the city.
- William Howe serves under Maj. General Jeffery Amherst during the capture of Montreal.
- William Howe commands a brigade at the Siege of Belle Isle.
- William Howe serves as Adjutant General of the army that captures Havana, Cuba.
- William Howe becomes Colonel of the 46th Foot.
- William Howe becomes Governor of the Isle of Wight.
- William Howe is promoted to Major General.
- William Howe assumes command of training of Light Infantry companies.
Related Items Available at eBay - Scroll for additional items
PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999-2018; Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement