Patriot John Sevier
||Born: September 23, 1745; Rockingham County, Virginia
Died: September 24, 1815; near Fort Decatur, Alabama
Battles: King's Mountain
- John Sevier born in Rockingham County, Virginia.
- John Sevier marries Sarah Hawkins.
- John Sevier migrates to the Holston settlements
in what is now Tennessee.
- John Sevier serves under George
Washington in Lord Dunmore's War.
- John Sevier becomes a Lt. Colonel of North Carolina
July - John Sevier is present at the siege
of Fort Watauga.
- John Sevier is promoted to a Colonel of North
- John Sevier marries Catherine Sherrill.
October 7 - John Sevier shares command
at the Battle
of King's Mountain, South Carolina.
March - John Sevier is elected Governor
of the State of Franklin.
- John Sevier becomes a fugitive when the State
of Franklin is declared illegal.
- John Sevier is elected to the North Carolina
State Senate and pardoned.
March 4 - John Sevier begins serving in
the First Congress and serves until March 3, 1791.
- John Sevier is elected the first Governor of
Tennessee and serves until 1801.
- John Sevier is elected to another term
as Governor of Tennessee and serves until 1809.
- John Sevier again serves in Congress.
September 24 - John Sevier dies near Fort
Related Items Available at eBay - Scroll for additional items
PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999-2019; Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement