Continental Colonel Henry 'Lighthorse Harry' Lee
||Born: January 29, 1756; Leesylvania, Virginia
Died: March 25, 1818; Cumberland Island, Georgia
Battles: Guilford Courthouse
- Henry Lee's wife, Matilda, dies.
- Henry Lee is elected governor of Virginia, serving until 1794.
June 13 - Henry Lee marries Ann Carter Hill at Shirley Plantation, Virginia.
- Henry Lee commands troops that put down the Whiskey Rebellion.
- Henry Lee is elected to Congress, serving until 1801.
September 2 - Henry Lee's son, Sydney Smith Lee, is born at Camden, New Jersey.
January 19 - Henry Lee's son, Robert Edward Lee, is born at Stratford Hall, Virginia..
- Henry Lee is severly injured during a riot against his Federalist friends.
- Henry Lee spends time in debtor's prison.
- Henrly Lee writes Memoirs of the War in the Southern Department.
- Henry Lee sails to the West Indies to recuperate.
March 25 - Henry Lee dies on Cumberland Island, Georgia.
Related Items Available at eBay - Scroll for additional items
PatriotResource.com original content and design Copyright © 1999-2014; Scott Cummings, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement